Learn How to Milk Your Prostate
Maintaining good prostate health is important for a number of reasons. First and foremost, prostate cancer is the second leading cause of death in men. But there are other dangers for men to be concerned about besides cancer, prostatitis being one of the most common.
1 Why Prostate Health Is Important
Statistically, the prevalence of this form of cancer is alarming:
- One in seven men will get prostate cancer.
- One in 39 men will die from prostate cancer.
- While diagnosis is rare before the age of 40, six out of 10 cases are diagnosed after men turn 65 with the average age of diagnosis being 66.
If you are a man over the age of 50, it is crucial that you get regular prostate exams with your primary physician. If you are at higher risk (African-American men or those with a close relative who has been diagnosed with prostate cancer), talk to your doctor about getting regular exams even earlier.
2 What and Where Is Your Prostate?
The prostate is a donut-shaped para-urethral gland located between the bladder and the root of the penis. Roughly the size of a walnut (in younger men), the prostate wraps around the urethra and as men age, it expands, growing to be plum sized—or even larger.The prostate gland’s primary function is to produce seminal fluid. This fluid has an alkaline pH that counteracts the acidity of vaginal secretions which also nourishes and protects the sperm.
3 Does Massaging a Prostate Help Prevent Prostate Cancer?
Yes! Massaging your prostate actually has a number of added benefits, one of which is assisting the fight in preventing prostate cancer.When men have prostate orgasms, it actually oxygenates the prostatic fluid. This causes them to expel biological, fungal and viral contaminants that build up in the prostate gland over time. Ridding the body of these toxins also increases lymphocyte production, which assists the body in fighting off cancer.
4 Why Should I Massage My Prostate?
One obvious reason is that prostate orgasms feel good. Many men say these orgasms are much stronger and more satisfying than penile orgasms.Secondly, humans in the modern age live a very sedentary lifestyle. Because we do so much sitting, small calcifications build up in pockets of the prostate. These calcifications can lead to an inflammation of the prostate called prostatitis. The best way to oxygenate and eliminate these build-ups is to perform a prostate massage.
There are a number of things you can do to improve your prostate health:
- Get tested for STIs. The cytomegalovirus is a strain of herpes HSV that causes prostate cancer.
- Regularly milk/massage your prostate. Milking a prostate once per month can reduce the rate of prostate cancer by as much as 30%
- Have 20 or more orgasms in a month. This will increase our serotonin levels which reduce stress and increases lymphocytes which help boost immunity.
Massaging the prostate is the single best thing you can do for all forms of prostate health. Some men may be squeamish about incorporating this type of activity into their sexual play, but with practice, it can become both a beneficial and pleasurable regular act in your repertoire!
5 How Do You Massage the Prostate?
Massaging the prostate is the single best thing you can do for all forms of prostate health.Start the process by relaxing—this is especially important if this type of stimulation is new for you. Clean yourself thoroughly (especially around the anus). If you have health issues like fissures or hemorrhoids, wait until they have healed or check with your doctor before you engage in anal play.At this point, you are ready for two things; masturbation and anal play. You will need a few things to assist you. These items include a towel to lie on, porn or other materials to assist with arousal, sexual lubricant (silicone is often preferred for anal play), gloves and a partner or prostate toy.
How to Massage Your Prostate
Arousal will help you locate the prostate because it swells with desire.
- Get an erection and stroke the penis until your arousal level is around a six on a scale of one to 10 (10 being orgasm).
- Next, apply lube liberally around your anus with your finger.
- Start inserting your finger slowly to the first knuckle and begin masturbating again. Pull the finger out and re-apply more lube.
- Keep masturbating and replace your finger back inside to the second knuckle. Do the entire process again until you reach inside up to the third knuckle.
- Insert your finger deeper until you feel a little rough lump around three inches inside your rectum and up towards the root of the penis. This is your prostate. Now that you know where it is you can either use a toy made for prostate play or continue with a finger.
The most important part is to take your time for arousal—at least 20 to 30 minutes.
Prostate play can be a beneficial and fun way to enhance your sex life, whether alone or with a partner—and your overall wellness. While these “at home” remedies for prostate health are a great place to start, be sure to get regular prostate exams, particularly if you are 50 or older.